Dean Creek Resort
Welcome to Dean Creek Resort
The award-winning Dean Creek Resort is nestled on the banks of the Eel River in Giant Redwood country, only three miles from the world-famous “Avenue of the Giants” in Humboldt State Forest. Open year-round, our resort offers all the amenities of home in a natural setting. Our modern RV sites feature full hookups, picnic tables, barbecues and fire rings. Deluxe accommodations are also available at our motel. Nature in its finest and purest form abounds in the area: frequent wildlife sightings, majestic old-growth redwoods, and superb fishing and rock-hunting sites on the Eel River, all make it a place of singular beauty and adventure. We are geared toward family togetherness.
Established in 1937, Dean Creek Resort is family-owned and operated. Our award-winning park is situated on the South Fork of the Eel River in the Giant Redwood country. Nature in its finest and purest form abounds in this area. River otters, bear, deer, wild turkeys, wild boar, and mountain cats and many species of birds have been sighted at or near the resort.
Our resort features 64 RV and camping sites.
- All are grassy and have leveled parking areas, picnic tables, barbecue grills and fire rings.
- 23 sites have water, electric, TV/Cable and sewer hookups.
- 40 sites have water, electric, and TV/Cable hookups.
- One site has water only.
- Our pull-through sites can handle RVs up to 80 feet long.
- Tent campers are also welcome, in designated areas.
- Humboldt Wineries
- Salmon and steelhead fishing in the Eel River
- Day trips in drift boats
- Hiking in the “Avenue of the Giants” – home of the world’s tallest living trees
- Rock hounding in the Eel River
- Picnicking and exploring the “lost coast”
- Exploring the Victorian village of Ferndale
- Watching migrating whales
- Walking on black sand beaches
- Golfing at a nearby golf courses
- Bear River Casino
- Briceland Vineyards